9/29/14 Rb Cove

JohnF52

Trying to target catfish today. Drifted three rods over the flat in RB cove 0.3-0.5 mph for about 5 hrs over 25-40 fow. Tried to stay between 30-35 mostly. Cut bait and crawlers. Caught one 20-1/2 inch channel cat on cut skipjack. Only good bite I had.

That's odd. I drag a Flicker Shad thru there and they follow me like mice following the piper. F&F calls them my pets.

Need marine repair? Send our own forum friend "fishinwrench" a message. 

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!

Yeah. Fish from my boat. I must give off sonic frequencies that attract the whiskers. Lol

Need marine repair? Send our own forum friend "fishinwrench" a message. 

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!

RB is the area that has given me fits w/ cats. I would not drift but would use my elect motor and work along the islands and all the pts up there. I never fish the flat itself but the side next to deep water, same as pts. Today I caught a lot of catfish there trying to get a walleye. 30 to 35 ft is good. I had one there last wk I could not control and it took me to deep water into the trees. Good luck

Tanderson15: That was me in the camo xpress boat in the middle of the cove, the boat with rod holders all over. I had four rods out. Did you come by headed for the cove ramp about 1:00 pm or so? Whover it was slowed way down to no wake as they passed, which was nice.