OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
derekburleson

Quick Happy Hour Trip

Trolled A-rig and Rat-L-Traps for a couple hours and came home with a few. Turned back 2 short stripers and lost another white at the boat. The keeper striper and a white came on a double on the rig. And the fish tacos they made were good too. Putting the striper filet on the grill tomorrow night.

post-5613-0-13065300-1413859733.jpg

Nice. I recommend my blackened fish recipe for the striper. It's awesome! You can tone down the spice if you don't want too much heat or seasoning but Ole Bay crab boil seasing is the best ingredient. Really makes the fish flavorfull and tasty.

I believe it's on this forum. If not, I'll repost it.

Not kidding, blackened striper is as good as blackened grouper or Mahi. Maybe Amber Jack too but that's pushing it a bit. Lol

Another one bites the dust. :XD:

Another striper or another victim to the trolling bug? ;) I will say this, I've spent enough time and gas flinging lures at bass on Beaver to not feel guilty at all about a little trolling action. It's all about that tug on the line, right? :)

Lol!! Great to hear.

I made that recipe up from scratch one day. It just turned out so good that I had to share it. I got lucky on the first pass as I was writing it down for a recipe.

Yep, never get tired of it. The BBQ sauce will add just a bit of mystery sweet and tanginess.