New Guy Fishing The James- From Nixa

CHuddleston

• Members

Hello everyone-

I'm new to the forum and have been living in Nixa for about a year. After seeing that several of my neighbors had Kayaks, I asked one of them about the where's and how's of it. Purchased 4 kayaks for the whole family and love it! Spent lots of time on the James River this season fishing for Small mouth and Spots...really anything that would bite! Floated and fished every section from Wilson Creek (paddled up from Delaware Town) to Blunk Rd some sections numerous times already and even did a 2 day camp/float trip. Caught lots of fish and several 2+ pounders! Have done some wading on the Finley too. Loving it so far and looking forward to trying some new waters this fall and next year! May try my hand at some fly fishing as well. I have spent some time poking around this site before and finally joined today. Super nice layout and informational links and forums- Glad to be here!

WS Commander 120 Angler

Welcome. I'm from springfield and fish the James religiously. In my opinion the James has the best smallmouth fishing around. Glad to hear of new folks to the area taking advantage of it. If you ever need any advice or have any tips to share please feel free to private message me.

• 3 weeks later...