Mountain Lion Shot In Arkansas

Quillback

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt I would have. But I don't think that changes the deal on charges. All you have to say is that I was threatened.

Me neither, he would have to have been real close and had his eyes locked on me first.

Today's release is tomorrows gift to another fisherman.

I don't understand why he couldn't just let it walk on by and be thrilled he saw it. I really doubt he was in danger at all, but people kill every snake they see beacuse it was a "threat" to them or the grandkids or their dog or...or...

Good point, and spot on comparison with the snake, kinda.

I ain't used to seeing mountain lions though, and I would probably be concerned that it would wind me and take to the tree I was in.

I don't wanna fight a cat in a tree. Gun or no gun. Don't wanna be nervous on my way back to the truck either.

Define "threat".

wrench they have been confirmed in our area in the past. One of the confirmations was darn near in Laurie right near the junction with RA. I wouodbot mind uaving one around here. I am sure it would be a help in controlling the abundance of deer back in here.

The hunter saw the Cat first, THERE WAS NO THREAT WHAT SO EVER. Just some dude that saw a cat and wanted to kill it to say he had killed one, nothing more. Threat? BS

You saw this happen?

I have a guy on a buffalo t shirt so I would be safe. Unless it was coming up the tree or stalking him, it should be left alone, only a glory hound or coward would shoot one that is just walking through the woods. I hope they investigate and ticket him if there was no threat.

"The problem with a politician’s quote on Facebook is you don’t know whether or not they really said it." –Abraham Lincoln

Tales of an Ozark Campground Proprietor

Dead Drift Fly Shop

Whether I fear for my life by a wild animal proven to attack people or not is not based on the opinion of some dude on the Internet judging the situation without being there. The guy said it was a threat. He killed an animal that came toward him. He did not go looking for it.

If I'm hunting and see one headed my way I'm killing it. If I lose site of it I'm more nervous so the stalking scenario is out. If you don't see it it could very well be stalking you. If you can't see it you can't kill it. I'd rather kill it when I see it rather than kill it when it attacks me. Or attacks cattle. Or whatever.