Oaf Upper End Big Bass Tournament March 14 Eagle Rock Coe Ramp

Quillback

OK, let's do it - March 14, 2015, Eagle Rock COE Ramp, 0700 start time, Tournaments ends at 1400.

Big bass format, largest weight wins. Any black bass (Largemouth, Smallmouth, Spotted Bass, Meanmouth) are eligible, but only one bass will qualify as the biggest.

No entry fee, trophy will be awarded to the winner (and just think of the bragging rights you will have on the forum). Immense prestige will accrue to the winner of this tournament.

You can fish multiple people out of a boat, but the trophy will go to the individual that weighs in the biggest bass.

Typical bass tourney rules apply - No bait, no trolling, and no A-rig or multi-arm lures.

We'll have a couple of grills going, so plan to stay around for a bit after the tourney and meet some folks. Hamburgers, hot dogs, and other food stuff will be available, just bring your own drinks.

Always a chance that weather could be bad in March, if it is looking bad enough to make travel treacherous then we will have to reschedule. We'll notify everyone a day or two in advance it if look like bad weather.

Feel free to take some pics during the tourney and post them on the forum.

As of now looks like we have close to 30 participants.

All right! I will buy a face saver (just in case) and motor downriver from Holiday Island. It simply makes no sense to trailer and then pay a fee. I will have the charcoal and chicken wings in the boat and quit fishing a bit early to cook. It will fascinating - we could have a jerk bait bite, a jig bite, and a wart bite all going simultaneously. Or not. I will look forward to this.

Can't wait!

Donna Gilzow

Bella Vista, Arkansas

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

--John Buchan, 1915

It will fascinating - we could have a jerk bait bite, a jig bite, and a wart bite all going simultaneously. Or not. I will look forward to this.

I'm hoping for a really unusually warm winter and it'll be a sight fishing derby. :D

If my schedule allows, I will participate in some manner wether it be fishing or helping with the weigh in or something.

Question on the trophy????

Should it be one that you take home and keep or should it be one that you get to hold on to for a year and then pass to the next winner the following year where the names keep getting added to it?

A Little Rain Won't Hurt Them Fish.....They're Already Wet!!

Visit my website at..

Ozark Trout Runners

gallery4a082cb0bdef6.jpg

No fee at the ramp until April.

Our guy Jeremy Rasnick would be the one to answer this but I believe the $4 day-use fees are required year-round at Corps parks. The seasonal closures are only for camping areas and other amenities, right?

ClassActionTransparent.png

If my schedule allows, I will participate in some manner wether it be fishing or helping with the weigh in or something.

Question on the trophy????

Should it be one that you take home and keep or should it be one that you get to hold on to for a year and then pass to the next winner the following year where the names keep getting added to it?

If you would like to volunteer to be the Weigh-in Chief, that would be great. Phil is providing the scales BTW. If you fish, you'd have to get back to the ramp a bit early so as to be ready to weigh when the folks start coming in. If you're willing to do that, that would be great.

As far as having a "hold and pass on" type of trophy, I like the idea, but it complicates things a bit as we'd have to get the winner's name engraved on it after the tourney and then ship it out, IF we were to make this an annual event, then we'd have to hope that the trophy holder would show and bring the trophy back. So, just to keep it simple, I'd rather just have the trophy given to the winner to keep. BTW, Phil has graciously stepped up to provide the trophy.