OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dutch

The Swing Jig

I've been reading about this unique jig head and am thinking about buying a mold. Before I take the plunge I thought I'd check here and see who is using it, how you are rigging, what you are rigging and how it is producing. Any info and especially pics would be greatly appreciated.

I tried them last year on the rivers and had so-so luck. In my mind, I figured I would slay the smallies in the warmer months when they are in the riffles but it didn't produce nearly as well as I had hoped. Beavers, chigger craws, paca craws and small brush hogs are what I had attached. The brush hog seemed to produce the best for me.

They are my go to for deep ledge fishing on kentucky lake and local lakes with deep ledges and have been fishing them since they came out. Revolutionized my deep jig fishing. I really like the bifflle hardheads and biffle bugs. I normally use 5/16 and 1/2 oz. I am mostly fishing water that is 10-25 feet deep. I prefer a 3/0 hook and normally fish a beaver style bait and prefer the Biffle bugs.

I like them quite a bit. For some reason mid year I put it down. No idea why. I made a mold out of a football jig mold. I twist the hook hanger 90 degrees so I can run a split ring on my hook and use owner rigging hooks.