OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Dan the fisherman

Waiting For Nicer Weather

I was looking at places to take out on the Kings River on Google maps. Is Marshal Ford on Madison co road 1505? Or is it on the short dirt road you take off of co road 1505. There are two bridges in close proximity.

It's been a bit but I am pretty sure Marshall Ford is off Madison 1505 proper. Don't quote me to that effect though.

I'm not a 100% on the road either. I will be heading out that way this weekend to do some scouting (get my bearings). Both floats r great though. Marble to marshals ford or marshals ford to rock house road. Plenty of gravel banks to camp on. Rock house road access has camping also, if I remember correctly. In case u come in late and want to camp one more night. I've left my old beater truck a both spots without any problems. But again it's an old beater so I can't imagine anybody messing with it. There's also an outfitter for the Kings u may want to call. There right on the water and can give a decent water level report. "Kings river outfitters" is what they're called I have the # somewhere. PM me if u need it.

I'm hoping to float memorial day weekend. Keeping fingers crossed for good weather and water levels. I'll be taking my cousin out on a multi day float for his first time and am really excited to share the experience with him.

If you are floating Memorial Day weekend you'll want overcast and some steady drizzle or something to keep the crowds down a little. National Aluminium Hatch Day.

Otherwise, that averages just about the best spring time fishing. As long as it's not blown out or hit with a sudden cold snap there should be plenty of fish caught. Enjoy!