Fishing Jack Fork 1St Week Of June

Smallieguy87

It's January. You're going nowhere.

Ask advise the end of May.

Good grief.

it should not matter when i ask for advice on a given trip.

good grief.

• 2 weeks later...

It's ok to ask anytime. I always liked to do my research during the winter as well....

I figured id better get all the intel people are willing to offer especially since i'm new to the river and kayak fishing in general

Sorry to offend.

Ozark streams change all the time. It's buyer beware planning a trip so far in advance. You might have your heart set on a certain section of a certain stream, only to get slapped in the face with two days to go with isolated thunderstorms dumping a ton of rain on the area you want to float, causing rising and muddy water.

So, better be flexible and have plans B and C ready.

Also: My previous post is based on this: Forum history reveals to us that new members and new floater/fishermen asking advise in January and February for their multi-day trips in the spring and summer are rarely heard from again.

I'm sure you're different, and will ably prove me wrong, which isn't hard to do.

Good luck, and don't forget to post closer to your trip. Then tell us about afterword. Trip reports are always welcome.

That's understandable. This forum is a gem to me. Lots of great advice and great members so I intend to stick around a long time. It is true waters like that can change drastically over the course of one season. I've seen it happen on many of the smaller creeks and streams I frequent. I'm more after any general info and anyone's experiences. I'll be sure to give a report a long with pictures (just bought a new go pro;) thanks for posting a reply Joe

• 1 month later...

Smallieguy; I am hoping to be down there the same week during the week so basically the same days. I plan on float/camping from as far up river as water levels will allow and floating down to Alley Springs. Keep an eye out for a green square back canoe and give us a holler!! It will be my first trip on JF as well, but it's been on my bucket list long enough and have my heart set on it this time. You may be more experienced with smallmouth fishing so maybe we can help each other out with what is working. And good advice on plans B and C. Anything more in the forecast besides the usual afternoon pop up showers, and I will be rethinking the camping out plan. But very excited about the trip for now.

Also go to page 2 here on Jacks Fork - 5th thread from the bottom. "Another First Timer" thread I started in '12 with 46 replies. Covers just about everything you need to know about the Jack Forks. Cottonmouths info has me skittish - LOL

Smallieguy; I am hoping to be down there the same week during the week so basically the same days. I plan on float/camping from as far up river as water levels will allow and floating down to Alley Springs. Keep an eye out for a green square back canoe and give us a holler!! It will be my first trip on JF as well, but it's been on my bucket list long enough and have my heart set on it this time. You may be more experienced with smallmouth fishing so maybe we can help each other out with what is working. And good advice on plans B and C. Anything more in the forecast besides the usual afternoon pop up showers, and I will be rethinking the camping out plan. But very excited about the trip for now.

i'll keep an eye out for you! Not sure on being more experienced but i am new to floating. I've always waded so this will be my first time really going out in a kayak. I really wanted to camp but my wife and little boy (he will be about 8 months old when i take this trip) will be at home and i wasn't sure on cell service since i've read it gets wild to say the least lol And i most def. factored the weather in that decision as well! I considered also giving the current a try since i wont be to far.I reserved a cabin a shady lane so if you wind up going that route stop by and swap stories and what they're biting on!