OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
trythisonemv

Opening Day Almost Here!

Opening day falls on a sunday this year. Hope to be out the Monday following after the mass lightens a bit.

Opening day falls on a sunday this year. Hope to be out the Monday following after the mass lightens a bit.

I plan on meeting some old friends that same day. I will keep a look out for you. I will be the old guy with a limp. Hope to see you there.

I'll keep a sharp eye out for You. I'll probably hit the catch and release section first

I think it is more about the ceremony for me. I fish way more during c&r but love to get out and see the people enjoying a break from the mundane . It helps me understand that we all would rather be fishing than toiling away at our respective jobs and gives me hope that Missouri will continue to be a great fishery state. I hope a lot of folks get out and go because it will send a message to the politicians that want to de-fund our mdc programs.

Alex

Have a bigger group lined up to go this year.Five for sure and possibly two more depending on the weather.Last year only had 3 total so that left us with a lot of extra beds but the weather on the 2nd day encouraged our quick departure.Hopefully it will be decent weather and fish but we have a good time either way. We always toast the guys who were opening day regulars who have passed .Lots of great memories of those guys from the last 38 years we fished together.

Hope to run into a few oaf members on the second. I've passed a few on the water at rr I'd say lol