Fishing Alone Or Together

willyfish

Very easy answer for me. Fishing without Donna just isn't fishing for me anymore.

On occasion --- on a weekday when she's working --- I like taking a guest from the forum. Did that three times this past year and enjoyed every trip.

The only other exception would be if Donna and I have a tournament coming up and I have a chance to get in a weekday practice round while she's working.

ClassActionTransparent.png

Started fishing alone after we had kids, and because of schedules. About the same time I quit chasing tmts. Have fished mostly alone since 2001. It did give me a chance to try a lot of new things, areas, etc., with no risk except to my own results. Learned a lot about the lake and myself that way.

Both short people are now fully functional in the boat (knots aside) and I have come around to company. Fished with several full grown humans last year and had a blast.

• Members

Alone if locked into something that is difficult for others to dupiicate (wackerbill minner fishing etc).... with someone/anyone who is better than me....Alone if fishing deep to shallow....with someone fishing shallow to deep.....Alone if trying to fish 14 to 17 feet from cast thru retrieve.....overall 90 % with someone....10% alone.....Feb thru April mostly alone unless pardner is of a same mindset....at my age.... with someone at night, especially if their eyesight is better than mine.....And if with a best friend.....anytime....

When I fish alone, I don't need my lure retriever as much. Do not have to bring the chain saw to cut brush and can leave the hand held GPS at home as I don't have to scout as much thru the forest looking for wayward lures.

On the other hand I miss seeing the smiles.

When I fish alone, I don't need my lure retriever as much. Do not have to bring the chain saw to cut brush and can leave the hand held GPS at home as I don't have to scout as much thru the forest looking for wayward lures.

On the other hand I miss seeing the smiles.

Those are hard to beat, or replace.

Use to enjoy the solitude of being alone but now I get a bigger kick out of putting others on a great bite and the excitement they have and smiles are a great reward.