What's Cooking?

ness

10 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

He doesn't get to sit at the table when mom's home. The queen is chillin' with her chick pals in Columbia, so we're bach'in' it tonite.  Doing indoor air pistol shooting and the whole 9.  🤸

You know that dog will rat you out in a moment. When the Mrs. gets home and Orion gives her a guilty look. Then you Wrench will be grilled!

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Alright, tonight’s dinner was marinated chicken breast, risotto with mushrooms and maple glazed carrots. Honestly one of the best meals I’ve made in a while.

Chicken breasts marinaded in olive oil, lemon juice, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic and thyme. Chicken breasts were sautéed in a hot skillet and finished in the oven.

Been on the fence about the Instant Pot, but this application worked great and I’m now on board. Set on sauté mode with oil and butter and cooked onion and mushroom for about 5 minutes. Added Carnaroli rice and stirred to coat. Then chicken stock and white wine. Pressure cooked for six minutes then did a ten minute slow release. Added frozen peas and Parmesan cheese to finish.

Then, boiled sliced carrots, drained and added butter, maple syrup and salt. 

Dang! Lots of risotto left over. I’ll be into that later tonight and probably in the morning. 😄

Think I’m gonna like this Instant Pot. It did a great job on the risotto and sure cut down on time and effort  

BF5E1EAE-F95E-4565-89F1-DF813AA1728A.jpeg

John

24 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

You know that dog will rat you out in a moment. When the Mrs. gets home and Orion gives her a guilty look. Then you Wrench will be grilled!

BilletHead

She knows that as soon as the door closes behind her all the rules change.  Kids get to watch movies that they ordinarily wouldn't, dog gets to sleep on the couch.....Pretty much anything goes.  The only stipulation is that everything has to be cleaned up before the warden gets back.   And if she asks "Who did so & so?"

I say, ask Madison.

Madison says, ask Morgan.

And Morgan says "I dunno".     

Then we all stay silent for 15 minutes and life goes back to normal.  😊

The Instapot is the wife’s domain. You could cook a piece of granite to mush in one. Might take 45 minutes. Fast and better than  decent is the best ya can hope for. You can’t burn anything. Moron Proof! I get better results with traditional methods, but it is a good gizmo.