What's Cooking?

ness

1 minute ago, MOPanfisher said:

Instant Pot or not I would happily eat that for breakfast, might add some ham or venison summer sausage but it looks good just like that too.

First time for me and avocado toast. Love guacamole, but I’m just so-so on this. Definitely needed the egg. 

John

45 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Toast, avocado, good olive oil and kosher salt.  I have it everyday at my desk with a hard boiled egg.

Sounds good but I am still trying to get the taste for avocado appreciated. Will work on that. Pat had a friend she worked with that would bring in a half sliced. She would just put on some S&P and eat it. 

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

So with all this granola talk a new batch was made today,

Mixed and ready for the oven,DSC_0001.JPG

The uncooked goodies. This time a bag of dried cherries, dried blueberries were put in as was dried cranberries,DSC_0002.JPG  Out of the oven to cool a bit,DSC_0003.JPG    Goodies added and mixed,DSC_0004.JPG    Pat has made so much over the last few years she know just throws it together without looking at the recipe anymore.  I am going to look up a binding agent. Would like to make some bars for on the go,

BilletHead

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

BilletHead

3 hours ago, rps said:

I am trying something new to me, but old hat to yawl. I have about 4 inches of bologna in the smoker and just finished making a bbq sauce.

Slice off a piece about a half inch thick and put it on a bun. Pile it up with pulled pork and some sauce. And that’s a NFOWich. 

Or put that slice in the bottom of a bowl and cover it with this chipotle bisque that @Harps makes. 

You really can’t screw up smoked bologna. 

Unless you put it in an insta pot. 

20 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

Unless you put it in an insta pot. 

I bet you were the kid that did a running jump onto the top of the dog pile just to make it hurt.  😄

John

Trying to Sous Vide some wild turkey. The Mrs. took the breast side made it round and tucked in one end. Looked like a little roast. Some S&P and a couple rosemary sprigs into the bag and sealed, DSC_0005.JPG This was slid into a 140 degree water bath. While this was cooking bread was dried for dressing. All we had was a loaf of English muffin bread so this is what the Mrs. used.  Potatoes were prepped. Mashed potatoes but left the skins on the taters. So half hour to go on meat dressing in oven and potatoes getting smashed. Made some gravy out of chicken stock. Cook time 2.5 hours complete out came the meat to be sliced,

DSC_0002.JPG  A nice pink blush to the meat. It was then plated up with some whole cranberry sauce,DSC_0003.JPG     Great meal and more thunder chicken will be cooked this way. Easy peasy,

BilletHead

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead