What's Cooking?

ness

So, we’re cleaning things today, including the fridge. Got home tonight determined to clear out the leftovers. Chicken, pork, corn tortillas, rice, cheese, shredded cabbage, etc. 

Things were looking a little dry, so I grabbed the Pam and gave  the chicken and corn tortillas a shot before the microwave. Everything’s going good and I came to the rice. Grabbed the aerosol can and gave it a shot too. Then, the scent of lemon filled my nostrils. Oops—wrong aerosol can. 

B7B73ABD-8B98-4B71-B0DE-2B578A74AF4A.jpeg

I kid you not—I sprayed the rice with Pledge. Note the similarity in the containers. New rule here: no cleaning products in the food prep area 😄

Well, that was the only casualty. The leftover leftovers were ok. 

918E6983-7B22-4689-AC3B-8073426BFE7B.jpeg

Oh, and I got some taco holder things a few days ago that I want to show off 😄

John

Here’s a couple recent meals. A zucchini, onion, chicken and corn skillet. Gotta admit I didn’t have high hopes for this but the combination was pretty good. 1 skillet is a plus.

95D6EC4B-2B35-4B6B-A0B6-D887796F43C2.jpeg

Pork tenderloin with roasted potatoes and bright green pearls of flavor. Tenderloin with a bunch of my BBQ rub, started on the cook top and finished in the oven. 

613F1845-049C-41BC-84B7-A3D1B03E02BC.jpeg

Picked up some prosciutto at Costco. Much better than the stuff at our local store, and cheaper too.

287B4E5D-E740-4DDE-B053-275C11428C71.jpeg

Finally getting some good melons, so

5AFDEE23-E04C-4D79-8197-AEC9B33D9A4A.jpeg

John

Be a while before I have any melons of any kind, got a late start on those. There's one muskmelon I've been eyeing  for a week.  Not getting any bigger but doesn't smell ripe either. The rest are about size.    

No much happening here.   Had take out 🍔  last night.  Pub 🍕  tonight. 

3 hours ago, Fish24/7 said:

If it's  Mediterranean I'm in😋

Much of what I prepare is based on cuisine from that area. Many of the blog entries show this.