What's Cooking?

ness

1 hour ago, Mitch f said:

Totally agree. 
I remember the clash of 2 cultures vividly when Bobby Flay was up against Morimoto in Iron Chef. Somehow Bobby Flay won. After the win, Flay jumped up on table and gloated. This was not a good thing to do in the Japanese culture. Made Flay look like an idiot.

Pissed off Morimoto that Flay stood on the cutting board. 

I used to watch Iron Chef at 11 pm. I would tell my wife about this competition cooking show out of Japan. Loved the Chinese Iron Chef. He cut everything with his cleaver.

That time slot was where I used to watch a high energy Portuguese chef cooking Cajun style food. BAMM!!

Anyone remember the show where they would go into different neighborhoods and have a chef cook a gourmet meal from what was in that person's fridge? They did a show when they brought over the Japanese Iron Chefs to America.

Tuscan chicken bean pasta and kale soup/stew. Pasta fazool!

fullsizeoutput_1c50.jpeg

Nanna Morehouse's Ginger Gems,

No Not My nanna.thumbnail_0731201836.jpgthumbnail_0731201837.jpg

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

3 hours ago, Terrierman said:

Most everything you make looks and sounds great.  But I must admit, kale soup just broke your streak.

I got a farm basket. I had to use it. I did the best I could. Please forgive me.

10 hours ago, rps said:

I got a farm basket. I had to use it. I did the best I could. Please forgive me.

You make the best with what you have. I get that fully. Do the same. Blessed to have my own and walk out the door to gather our daily meal. 

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

11 hours ago, rps said:

I had a lot of fun when I was in a CSA. You get what they’ve harvested each week and you deal with it. The one I was in would also send recipes each week. Was going to join again this year but they didn’t do it. 

John

For later.  With chicken Kabobs.  Bell pepper, red candy onion, portabella chunks, pineapple chunks and some chicken breast.  With grilled hamburgers and green beans with red potatoes.  Guess who changed her mind.

pico.jpg