OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
ness

What's Cooking?

55 minutes ago, Fish24/7 said:

IMG_20200424_152411660.jpg

Looks good. We had several yellow and red bell peppers. I wanted stuffed peppers, but the meat went into meatballs and cheeseburger quesadillas.

29 minutes ago, ness said:

I'm kinda weird* about green peppers. I can't stand to eat them raw, can tolerate them if they're cooked to soft soft (like in gumbo) but love the insides of a stuffed green pepper. The less green they are, the more I can tolerate them. Roasted red peppers are a good thing. And, I love chilies. I'll often substitute a poblano in cajun/creole dishes. 

I just thought you guys would want to know where I stand :D 

*Don't go for the easy joke. Use some imagination! :D 

Oh buddy I am totally with you on green bells. Raw for sure :(, tolerated cooked but better not be much. Sweet bells are the bomb. Creamed peas are baby...…………………..Well we will make it nice and say puke but whole raw peas are good shelled right in the garden.   With whole cooked peas ok  if you are out of sweet corn. 

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

Fresh ground is the way to go with burger. Usually pick up well marbled chuck roasts on the cheap and grind, or cube for chili. Tonight we are grinding some pork loin to toss in some spaghetti.

Did you just use the term ‘cube’???😄

We've been over this!

Don’t be disrespecting Grandma Vi’s creamed peas!!

So, growing up there were three kids. My baby brother was a constant source of amusement for my sister and I. He had a unique way of pronouncing things that we still laugh about. Tonight we did ‘meef oaf’. 
A1952005-270C-4580-9A50-19CB65BA734A.jpeg

Ho’made mashed taters. And tucked up in there so they can’t be picked on are Grandma Vi’s creamed peas. 

Don’t know if I should admit this but got out the last of the sockeye fillets from 6/2018 trip with Phil L and Brian Ellis to Naknek River. Excellent vacuum sealing kept them in good shape. I smoked fillets and had several recipes for baked fillets with different coatings. Lately I have been making patties. Not a favorite in the past but with fillets not canned they are quite good. Basic recipe fish , egg, bread crumbs. After that you can vary it however you like. Tonight fairly standard mix with some onions and chopped celery. The difference was the sauce , mayo with wasabi. Served with some steamed asparagus 

C60DF9C9-143C-44A3-8BAE-EF29DC252283.jpeg