What's Cooking?

9 hours ago, BilletHead said:

Thanks,

Ran some of those through my mind already.  So many choices. 

Had another thought. Some recipes call for very thin sliced beef. Beef stroganoff and fajitas are examples. Make your slices across the grain. That approach will reduce the chew.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ness

• rps

• BilletHead

• snagged in outlet 3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finished product, just slightly over done, but since 2 of the 4 at the table don't like rare I guess it was about perfect.  I do miss my wife's grandma's dressing but man o man was the roast delicious

This weekend a friend of mine and I did an appreciation cook for the Joplin Kayak and Canoe group. They do a lot of clean up work along all the local waterways. A couple of weeks ago they cleaned

Smokin' hearts. Tried something different in the smoker, hickory smoked reversed seared ribeye sweetheart steak for the Mrs. and I for Valentine's Day.  Smoked to IT of 135 degrees and then pan s

Posted Images

Sunday chili. Ground beef, kidney bean, chili Pinto beans, onions, shallots, green peppers, garlic, tomato paste, diced tomato and green chili sauce, chicken stock, light and dark chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne, smoked paprika, and some time.

20210221_175755.jpg

On 2/18/2021 at 6:11 PM, ness said:

I just got it at the local store. I guess it's a national brand. https://richardscajunfoods.com/products/16oz-mild-andouille-smoked-sausage/

Gave you a gimmie to round out the total ;).

Chicken thighs with tomatoes, potatoes, chickpeas, and spinach, braised in white wine and chicken broth and seasoned with seven spice.

DEC1AA33-222E-4DEF-BAB4-5CAFD0ED358D_1_201_a.jpeg

15 hours ago, MOPanfisher said:

Not sure what it is called but I would eat a big bowl that.

Thank you, sir. Braise covers a huge amount of ground. Coq au vin, chicken provencal, and pot roast are all braises. The rules are there are no rules. Cook what suits you, other than fish, with whatever you like, and keep the feet wet.

Today I gave a cooking demonstration for a socially spaced and masked group.

My demo was the cheesy corn chowder I have posted here before. Tonight we will have that for our dinner. The great news? The dinner rolls are rising as I type.