What's Cooking?

ness

6 hours ago, ness said:

My favorite dish at my favorite Chinese restaurant is Szechuan chicken. Wish I could figure out what all they've got in it. It's soy sauce, with garlic and maybe rice wine. Some red dried chiles for heat. 

What's in the version you made? 

Ness I made a sichuan squirrel dish (probably a similar recipe to BH) and posted a couple of times on here. The heat comes from using black bean and chili paste. Look up Hank Shaws sichuan rabbit.

2 hours ago, Johnsfolly said:

Ness I made a sichuan squirrel dish (probably a similar recipe to BH) and posted a couple of times on here. The heat comes from using black bean and chili paste. Look up Hank Shaws sichuan rabbit.

Found it. Thanks. 

John

9 hours ago, ness said:

My favorite dish at my favorite Chinese restaurant is Szechuan chicken. Wish I could figure out what all they've got in it. It's soy sauce, with garlic and maybe rice wine. Some red dried chiles for heat. 

What's in the version you made? 

I will send you the link Ness,

Pat said as we made this it would work with chicken real well. 

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Flying prime rib?

Well that is what the recipe in a 2010 DU magazine calls it. I have heard white front goose and sandhill crane called this but never Canada Goose. After doing this dish I will agree it does taste like prime rib, really it does but tough. The rarest parts more tender but we will be eating this again for sure. I picked a matching pair of breast halves that had a nice fat skin layer. Called for a two hour marinate in olive oil, Worcestershire, garlic, S&P. I scored the fatty skin too in a cross hatch pattern. While marinating I dug fresh horseradish root. Grated it and mixed it with mayo and sour cream to make a sauce. Fired up the charcoal grill and when coals were hot went to work,

DSCF3311.JPG

A quick hot grill session and then off to rest. When three minutes had passed it was time to slice and taste,

DSCF3312.JPG

As Ness would say DANG. Not even a waterfowl taste. Paired with boiled fingerling potatoes slathered with butter and a salad. Had a nice glass of gifted wine. The gift was Cuvee Cabernet Sauvignon that the Folly tribe gave us on their visit to the BilletHead household. Mrs. BilletHead did an Apple crisp and as soon as I have room a square of this will be in my belly,

DSCF3315.JPG

Life is as good as it can get here,

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

1 hour ago, BilletHead said:

Flying prime rib?

Well that is what the recipe in a 2010 DU magazine calls it. I have heard white front goose and sandhill crane called this but never Canada Goose. After doing this dish I will agree it does taste like prime rib, really it does but tough. The rarest parts more tender but we will be eating this again for sure. I picked a matching pair of breast halves that had a nice fat skin layer. Called for a two hour marinate in olive oil, Worcestershire, garlic, S&P. I scored the fatty skin too in a cross hatch pattern. While marinating I dug fresh horseradish root. Grated it and mixed it with mayo and sour cream to make a sauce. Fired up the charcoal grill and when coals were hot went to work,

DSCF3311.JPG

A quick hot grill session and then off to rest. When three minutes had passed it was time to slice and taste,

DSCF3312.JPG

As Ness would say DANG. Not even a waterfowl taste. Paired with boiled fingerling potatoes slathered with butter and a salad. Had a nice glass of gifted wine. The gift was Cuvee Cabernet Sauvignon that the Folly tribe gave us on their visit to the BilletHead household. Mrs. BilletHead did an Apple crisp and as soon as I have room a square of this will be in my belly,

DSCF3315.JPG

Life is as good as it can get here,

BilletHead

Double DANG! As I saw the title thought that you guys got some sandhill crane meat. As you mentioned, I have also heard cranes called flying prime rib.

Good stuff guys!

Tonight the wife and I have put together a cannelloni Florentine. I have posted about this before and my blog features an article. In addition I par boiled some good asparagus and chilled it for a salad.For the "dressing" I made a saffron aioli.

http://www.ozarkrevenge.com/2017/09/quick-saffron-aioli.html

All I have is a lil ol pork butt I'm fixing to shredIMG_4538.JPG

Chief Grey Bear

Living is dangerous to your health

Owner Ozark Fishing Expeditions

Co-Owner, Chief Executive Product Development Team Jerm Werm

Executive Pro Staff Team Agnew

Executive Pro Staff Paul Dallas Productions

Executive Pro Staff Team Heddon, River Division

Chief Primary Consultant Missouri Smallmouth Alliance

Executive Vice President Ronnie Moore Outdoors