What's Cooking?

ness

11 hours ago, rps said:

Bacon, mushroom, chard risotto.

fullsizeoutput_770.jpeg

Love me some risotto too.

John

Well, not to brag or anything but this is first leftovers of 13 bean soup cooked in the dutch over a campfire with an obscenely large ham hock that I brought back from the fancy butcher shop in Port Washington Wisconsin.  Soup includes carrots cooked now really soft and a big Vidalia.  Corn bread is in the oven now, wondering how it ever got dumped in that hot cast iron skillet.

Rather "composed" tonight here in the Ozarks. Cold chicken breast beside sesame noodles. Farmers market cucumber and tomatoes accented with avocado and homemade honey mustard dressing.

fullsizeoutput_777.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Terrierman said:

Well, not to brag or anything but this is first leftovers of 13 bean soup cooked in the dutch over a campfire with an obscenely large ham hock that I brought back from the fancy butcher shop in Port Washington Wisconsin.  Soup includes carrots cooked now really soft and a big Vidalia.  Corn bread is in the oven now, wondering how it ever got dumped in that hot cast iron skillet.

Just 13 beans? I'd go with a full pound or more if you've got a decent sized ham hock. I mean, I can swallow 13 beans, some hock and a hunk of cornbread all at once with minimal chewing. 

John

59 minutes ago, rps said:

Rather "composed" tonight here in the Ozarks. Cold chicken breast beside sesame noodles. Farmers market cucumber and tomatoes accented with avocado and homemade honey mustard dressing.

fullsizeoutput_777.jpeg

I am going to change the locks on my house, you have obviously broken in and taken one of my grandma's quilts for the background.  I could happily dump all that together and eat myself into a coma.

4 hours ago, Gavin said:

Beer cheese soup with bacon & chicken attempt tonight. Fail IMO, kids liked it, wife and I hated it. Reminded me of a bowl full of cheap nacho topping. 

image.jpeg

From time to time I also discover things that aren't quite what I had imagined.