What's Cooking?

ness

Went full gourmet tonight.  Turkey/roast beef sammich, cheetos, kosher dill pickles, and a few slices of Genoa salami just cause I like them.  Beverage of choice was leftover unfinished Squirt and some Sprite to top it off.  Dirty T shirt approved.

2018-02-09 18.51.22.jpg

Haven't posted a meal in a while. this was a pot roast meal that I made prior to heading out East. Done this recipe before, but is always a good inspiration for the cold winter day. Can't beat braised meats.

P2040105.JPG

P2040107.JPG

The reason for the pot roast was to set the stage for the scramble I made the next morning.

Chopped onions, tomatoes, garlic, and the left over pot roast into similar sized chunks (except for the garlic).

P2040110.JPG

P2040111.JPG

P2040112.JPG

Cooked the meat in a little goose fat, added the onions and seasoned with garlic powder and a little smoked paprika. Once the onions were translucent, added and cooked the tomatoes. I beat five eggs with a bit of dried thyme and added to the mix.

P2040113.JPG

Let the eggs cooks a little bit added S&P then swiss cheese and served.

P2040114.JPG

2 hours ago, ness said:

Looks good. Gonna braise a couple beef shanks myself tomorrow. 

Show us more!

Pretty standard process. Shanks browned in Dutch oven then set aside. Followed with onion, parsnip, carrot for a few minutes then tomato paste until slightly browned. Red wine, consommé to deglaze and off to the oven for a few hours. 

B1E86936-0C81-4F72-AB46-BB9A4E4D251F.jpeg

Made some mashed taters to go along with it. 

A58E7B04-9522-4E8F-B048-1072F278C1CA.jpeg

John