What's Cooking?

ness

Ok, I love eggs. But I’m picky about them. I like fried over easy. Runny yellow, set white. No crispy edges. Love deviled eggs, but don’t like hard yolks.  Omelette can’t be browned or crispy. Scrambled ...I want them creamy, not dry. Got it?

So, this morning scrambled eggs with milk, cooked low and slow in oil and butter until just set and creamy. Like this:

41E91D3D-0898-4C43-A7F0-16E0D236C53D.jpeg

Discuss.

Or not. 

John

19 minutes ago, ness said:

Ok, I love eggs. But I’m picky about them. I like fried over easy. Runny yellow, set white. No crispy edges. Love deviled eggs, but don’t like hard yolks.  Omelette can’t be browned or crispy. Scrambled ...I want them creamy, not dry. Got it?

So, this morning scrambled eggs with milk, cooked low and slow in oil and butter until just set and creamy. Like this:

Discuss.

Or not. 

With leftover diced hotdogs.   That was a treat.   But scrambled eggs need some life!  Ness knows what he is talking about.  Dad loved OJ with Pulp, splash of that was a holiday or a raise.   Now my  Mom gets apologetic when I ask for it.   "All we could afford..."      They can buy anything they want now and I have a hard time convincing  Mom that I don't need poached eggs with Mango Salsa.   I'm closer to 60 then 50 and I miss the old days.....

8 hours ago, Deadstream said:

Eggs just about anyway except hard yolks when fried. Even trekked into the raw egg deal doing homemade mayonnaise.

BilletHead 

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

8 hours ago, ness said:

Discuss.

Or not. 

Ness you would be fun to have in deer camp.  You want your eggs with cigar ash or baccy juice.  

The one thing I can't stand in eggs is runny whites, 

10 hours ago, ness said:

Discuss.

Or not. 

I occasionally put sour cream in scrambled eggs if there's some in the fridge.  Lately been adding some ricotta that was left over from an earlier cook.  They will both give you some creamy goodness in your eggs.

Friday we used a store bought crust to make a bacon/cheese/asparagus quiche.

Yesterday we went to Shell Knob's Harter House where I picked up a ribeye roast. I bagged it with spices and it spent 6 hours in the sous vide at 131. After that I put it in a 500 degree oven for 7 minutes to brown the crust. I served with Jacques Pepin potatoes and sautéed Brussels sprouts chiffonade with mushrooms. A nice Australian shiraz was the perfect match.

fullsizeoutput_c4d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c57.jpeg

Real men don't eat quiche!  Although a tasty egg pie with lots of other stuff, well that's another thing completely.  I have never made one or eaten more than a bite of one, but have seen a few in photos that looked plumb tasty.