What's Cooking?

ness

2 hours ago, Terrierman said:

Flour, egg wash, seasoned panko fried in coconut oil.  The coconut oil added a nice bit of flavor.

Pretty strange recipe for bloody Mary's :unsure:!

My last bachelor meal in Maryland before heading back to Missouri. Marinated pork medallions in a commercial Caribbean jerk sauce overnight. picked up zucchini and more patty pan squash at the farmer's market earlier in the week. last ear of sweet corn.

I browned the pork. Sauted the squash, added a little garlic powder and white button mushrooms. Corn got the Eastern shore treatment with salt, pepper, and Old Bay.

20180628_191610.jpg

Haven't made any real noteworthy meals in MO so far. Got some chants so have to think about what to make with them :D.

3 hours ago, Terrierman said:

My corn is CLOSE!  Dang, good sweet corn is really hard to beat ain't it?

Yeah — one of the great things about summer.

This wasn’t grown by me — came from the CSA I belong to. Ate three ears with dinner and there are three more that I’m resisting tonight. 

John

5 minutes ago, ness said:

Yeah — one of the great things about summer.

This wasn’t grown by me — came from the CSA I belong to. Ate three ears with dinner and there are three more that I’m resisting tonight. 

I am going to char some ears and make a corn black bean salad.  After the first few steamed buttered ears. You wouldn't like the salad though.  It has peppers, onions, garlic, agave and the dreaded cilantro.  I guess you could skip cilantro if you don't care for the taste of dial.

8 minutes ago, Terrierman said:

I am going to char some ears and make a corn black bean salad.  After the first few steamed buttered ears. You wouldn't like the salad though.  It has peppers, onions, garlic, agave and the dreaded cilantro.  I guess you could skip cilantro if you don't care for the taste of dial.

Can’t do raw green peppers either. Or cucumbers, like you had in your salad earlier. Other than that, I’m all in 😄😄

John

2 minutes ago, Terrierman said:

Stay in Kansas City.  Just sayin.:P

Will travel for Cherokee Purples. I could bring some KC grass fed tilapia to trade. 😄

John

1 minute ago, ness said:

Will travel for Cherokee Purples. I could bring some KC grass fed tilapia to trade. 😄

Make it a grass fed ribeye 2" thick and you are so on.  I'll supply Caymus and a day on the Finley.  That's a legit invite BTW.

1 hour ago, Terrierman said:

Make it a grass fed ribeye 2" thick and you are so on.  I'll supply Caymus and a day on the Finley.  That's a legit invite BTW.

And you could drop by BilletHeadVille on your way down or back home, cast into the BilletHead freezer to catch a walleye fillet or two. Noodle if you must. Cautionary note. The fish may or may not of been raised on shad instead of fish pellets :),

BilletHead

Free range fish

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead