OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
ness

What's Cooking?

Quick and easy vegetable soup tonight. Veggies in a broth that's 50-50 chicken stock and tomato juice. Onion, celery, carrot to start; a little red pepper for some spice; some thyme, marjoram and parsley for herb-iness. Frozen peas, corn to finish. One pot, easy prep, sruff that's on hand. Nice!

I'm marinating a half dozen chicken hindquarters overnight to put on the egg tomorrow. Marinade is basil, garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire, red wine, salt and pepper. Just right quantities of each. It's all in a big old SS bowl sitting in the egg outside tonight, too big to fit in the fridge.

Dayum! What a great bunch of chow you all have going!

I've got the sourdough starter working tonight. Not sure what I'll make tomorrow. The smell is phenomenal though!

I'm a simple man. Breakfast ala Ruthead . This was last spring but won't be long til the shrooms are popin.

Nice!! Been thinking about mushrooms ...

Yum everyone. Ness soup looks fine. Yesterday it was a pot of good old brown beans with a side of corn bread. Plain, simple, tasty and good for you. Not too sure about today. Mrs. BilletHead feels kind of puny so I guess I will heat up another bowl of beans.

Bon Appetite ,

BilletHead

During a lull in the snow this morning, I took the 4X4 to the grocery store and back. I now have supplies for tonight, tomorrow, and Monday in case this doesn't melt in time for school. The problem is: I don't know which one for tonight. Options: Red meat sauce with bucatini. Red ground beef enchilada casserole. Wieners, potatoes, and sauerkraut casserole. Decisions, decisions.