Table Rock Lake White River Arm Report 2-24 15

Bill Babler

I am so cabin fevered up that Becky pretty much ordered me out of the house this morning. Left home at 9 AM and launched at Eagle Rock at 9:30 Air temp read a balmy 22 degree at the ramp and the Gen II said 36.9 very cool degrees on the White River.

Fished about everything that I know how till my first bite at 12:30, I was back in Owl. Ended up catching 4 in there with the surface temp at 37 degree. Caught the first 2 on a Varmint, but short LM on flat gravel. Lord knows I had tried every bluffend and transition from the 86 bridge up to there. The two Varmint fish were shallow probably under 10'.

Just had to motor across to a bluffend transition, and by golly, caught 2 more here and missed one, on the sticker. Pretty good thump on the one I missed, but did not get it poked. Both that I did stick were LM, both short.

Continued my merry way up toward Big M. and got on a long chunk runnout and caught 3 more LM, with 2 squeeker keeps and 1 short on the jerker and had a nice keep on the Varmint. Lost one on the sticker and I don't think it was a walleye, but it had shoulders, it just came unbuttoned.

All these fish were on top of the chunk long point, I'm thinking in under 10' of water. I could not get a suspended bite of any kind, I believe every fish I caught came off the bottom. Surface temp at Big M was 39 degree.

Fished my way back and did not have another bite. Probably should have gone into Panther and up Roarng River on some of the sunny chunk points, but by then I was starting to shiver.

I did not see 40 degree water all day. Back at the ramp it was 38, I'm not to displeased at my results.

Time to get back at it, good luck

Isn't the water up here lovely? And we always have fish - but some days they will, by god, make you work for it.

36 to 39 degree water will not be 55 degree water by the 14th of March. Those coming to our little get together had better figure on that. I doubt our little get together will be a wart-a-thon. But then, I am so wrong so often I gave up counting.

Isn't the water up here lovely? And we always have fish - but some days they will, by god, make you work for it.

36 to 39 degree water will not be 55 degree water by the 14th of March. Those coming to our little get together had better figure on that. I doubt our little get together will be a wart-a-thon. But then, I am so wrong so often I gave up counting.

Looks pretty solid unless we have a drastic warm up. All I see is more cold in the forecast. Might be fish on beds from Kim City to the dam in late May/June again.

Looked in all the deep guts, bluffends, channel bends and way out off the deep points, saw nothing. There were gull up there today, but never saw a single one dive on the water either. There were a bunch of crows walking the shoreline, so kind of makes me think there might have been some threadfins, washing up.

As Randy said, the water is just flat beautiful. Visibility I'm guessing, is close to 20'

It's cold right now, and just a slight warm up tomorrow to mid-40's then back in the deep freeze. Kind of like KVD said however, it is time for them to be on the move, so you just have to be in the right locations at the right time.

That wind blew pretty hard here today, and it started seeping in on me after about 4hrs.

Remember the old bite. Bluffs and transitions. Twin spin, slowwww rolled.