Micro Guides And Braid Line ?

I'm thinking about getting a new rod and reel combo Duckett 7'6" heavy I'd like to put braid on this combo but some of the lakes I'll be fishing in the waters clear enough that I will need to use a leader. So my question is will I have an issue with the knot on the leader going through the micro guides? I use a double uni knot. Thanks for any info or opinions

Your best braid to mono knot is the Crazy Alberto, I notice a little tick when it goes through the small guides, but no real problem.

micro guides work great for micro lines, 3,4,5 lb braids on longer m/ml spinning rods w/o leaders on small 10-20 sized reels.

not a fan of anything micro on baitcasting rods really

I am not calling you out, but I am curious why you not a fan. I have made two spiral wrapped micro guide bait cast rods and have not found any disadvantages. To the contrary, I have found the lighter over all weight and much lighter tip weight give superior "feel." Which is why I have the parts for a third such rod upstairs waiting on me.

Your best braid to mono knot is the Crazy Alberto, I notice a little tick when it goes through the small guides, but no real problem.

PIA to learn to tie that knot but when I finally did. It's the deal. Thanks to Ham for being such a hardhead about line and being so patient with me.

I am not calling you out, but I am curious why you not a fan. I have made two spiral wrapped micro guide bait cast rods and have not found any disadvantages. To the contrary, I have found the lighter over all weight and much lighter tip weight give superior "feel." Which is why I have the parts for a third such rod upstairs waiting on me.

I had a micro guide Falcon in a Cara T7 the Finesse Jig rod. I off loaded it. It wasn't for me. I love the std guide version of that rod and I wanted another one, but all they had in stock was the MG version. I was assured it was all that and a bag of chips.It turns out it didn't really work for me in part because I fish FB jigs often in a cool/cold weather. The smaller guides iced up a lot worse. I found no increase in sensitivity nor any increase in casting distance. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the emperor's new clothes all that much.

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

I had a micro guide Falcon in a Cara T7 the Finesse Jig rod. I off loaded it. It wasn't for me. I love the std guide version of that rod and I wanted another one, but all they had in stock was the MG version. I was assured it was all that and a bag of chips.It turns out it didn't really work for me in part because I fish FB jigs often in a cool/cold weather. The smaller guides iced up a lot worse. I found no increase in sensitivity nor any increase in casting distance. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the emperor's new clothes all that much.

OK. I understand the icing problem, but when it is that cold, I make rods instead of using them. I hope to have the new Ned rod built by the OAF gathering at Eagle Rock. I will show you then why the right combo is spiral wrap plus micro guides.