OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
M_Taylor

Boat Advice

No he doesn't and ibdont either. The aluminum shows scratches on the keep and some nicks but it's durable. Not a cosmetic issue.

I should know. I baby mine. F&F doesn't. So no worries about bleaching it. F&F's also serves as an ice breaker sometimes.

What do you guys use to get water spots off your aluminum?

Best thing I have found is "White Diamond" polish and sealant. You can get it at auto parts stores for about $10. Works better than any polish I've ever used on aluminum. Much less work removing black residue.

Do the fish not like water spots? Haha I kid, I like to keep a tidy ship too.

No Keel saver just cautious where I beach. We will not discuss however someone in some flooded timber and what I did to some cypress knees :) BTW 3 props that day died but so did a lot of green.

Taylor you can meet me at a ramp one day and I will show you how much I abuse a Boat and Redheaded step child even cries for it. Its a working boat not a recreational pretty on the eyes boat. I didn't buy it for that I bought it as a tool and work horse.

Not to get off subject but here is a side by side before and after on the White Diamond polish.

post-5766-0-05499700-1425667766.jpg

And this is after having the boat in muddy water most of the day. Still no water line. I simply wipe off with Lucas Slick Mist after each trip. I did this on my glass boat and I do it on this one as well. Just want to keep it looking new as long as I can. I like to take care of my equipment. That's just me.

post-5766-0-30917600-1425667726.jpg