River Levels

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

I read the corps chart before I go to the lower illinois to fish, since i live in eufaula and have never had good luck with the water running. Is their anyone you can call to find out the schedule for the day? Last time i drove down the water had not been running but as soon as i got in the river they started generating,. caught only one fish in 2 hours

http://www.swt-wc.usace.army.mil/power/hydropower.html#TENK

Here ya go.... Dont trust it... But if they are running and havent been for a while go to Marval Or Public Access or go up to the coves in the lake and catch a few bass or crappie while theyre up shallow...

"Its clearly Bree time baby!"

Member: 2009 U.S. Youth Fly-Fishing Team. Competed Czech Republic. 7th Place Team

Member: 2010 U.S. Youth Fly-Fishing Team. Competed Slovakia. 4th Place Team

Member: 2010 U.S. Youth Fly-Fishing Team. Competed The America Cup. 4th Place Team

• 1 year later...
  • Members

hey guys, i live in tahlequah and a couple of my fraternity brothers and i are planning on camping and trout fishing... we are probably going to be fishing from the bank, does anybody know any good spots accessible for trout fishing? also, has anybody camped in the area? where would you recommend?

thanks, jordan

• Members

hey guys, i live in tahlequah and a couple of my fraternity brothers and i are planning on camping and trout fishing... we are probably going to be fishing from the bank, does anybody know any good spots accessible for trout fishing? also, has anybody camped in the area? where would you recommend?

thanks, jordan

• Members

thanks, jordan

Hey there...AEKDB.....(Kappa Sig from Epsilon Mu in Tulsa -- though it has been a while.)

I would recommend going to Marval outside of Gore. There is several fishing locations, bathroom facilities and camp sites or cabins depending on what you prefer.

http://www.marvalresort.com/

Have fun. The hard thing will be to plan on a time when the river is down, if it is up it is almost unfishable. There is information on this forum, as well as John From Marval can try to help - but you literally fine out 8 hours before if the water will be on, though they do post the water releases for the whole weekend on Friday after 5pm.

hope this helps,

Scott

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I've fly fished the lower Illinois only once but intend on fishing there a lot this summer and fall. In regard to water level and generation flow, can anyone tell me at what point fishing gets tough and wading difficult in terms of turbines open and CFS flow? I live in Owasso and don't want to waste too many hour and half drives after work.

Thanks in advance.

Davo

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing."

~Babylonian Proverb

I've fly fished the lower Illinois only once but intend on fishing there a lot this summer and fall. In regard to water level and generation flow, can anyone tell me at what point fishing gets tough and wading difficult in terms of turbines open and CFS flow? I live in Owasso and don't want to waste too many hour and half drives after work.

Thanks in advance.

Davo

Any generation at all makes it very tough, I have fished during generation, 1&2 generators but you are limited to where you can access the water. One generator will raise the water level 3-4 feet.

Gregg

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.

DaveO,

I live in Owasso also and what Hopper said is true. You can use the link at the top of this post to see what the current situation is and you can also use this link to see what the forecasted flow is.

SWPA Click Here

Phil

DaddyO

We all make decisions; but, in the end, our decisions make us.