OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Kee sims

Custom painting lures

On 3/29/2019 at 9:02 PM, TrophyFishR said:

Best airbrush for lure painting? 

Specifically with this paint. 

https://autoaircolors.com/custom-automotive-paint/4412.html

These are kinda a pain to shoot . They look amazing though. I’ve had the best success shooting them through an iwata revolution. I usually filter the paint really good. I also use a reducer to thin them out a bit . 

1 hour ago, Lvn2Fish said:

These are kinda a pain to shoot . They look amazing though. I’ve had the best success shooting them through an iwata revolution. I usually filter the paint really good. I also use a reducer to thin them out a bit . 

I would think clean up is pretty involved too. I’ve tried to keep it simpler and used only water-based stuff. Like the results I get with that for color and an epoxy too coat for gloss and durability. 

1 hour ago, ness said:

I would think clean up is pretty involved too. I’ve tried to keep it simpler and used only water-based stuff. Like the results I get with that for color and an epoxy too coat for gloss and durability. 

Cleanup is always involved. I try to get everything perfectly clean, that never happens. The auto air colors are all still waterbased. The problem with them is the “flake” or metallic pigment is what clogs your brush . The larger 5mm nozzle is the way to go with these. Also the reason for being a little obsessive when filtering . I always finish coat with epoxy.