Kayak fishing

repocrazy12

• Members

Just curious has anyone else out here gotten into kayak fishing? I moved to the Ozarks from FL and it was a very popular sport because of the challenge element. I've gone several times and never scene anyone else.

It's more of a creeks and rivers deal around here. Still more land than people around here. Enjoy the solitude. My family owns four kayaks and they get used a fair amount each year.

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

• Members

I'm surprised. January I went out and kayak fished the bridge by Panther bay and caught a 20lb striper on my kayak. Lots of fun and they guys in there boats looked a me like I was crazy. But, there is a thrill in landing big fish in a little craft. I'm heading out today and hopefully the fishing is good. Good luck to anyone else heading out on this beautiful weekend.

• Members

Be very careful, you will get run over if you are not aware of your position at all times but like was said, somewhere like White or Buffalo Rivers would be fun too....

Mike Colvin

• Members

I went out on Saturday and the water was real stained and nasty from run off. The lake was packed but didn't really see anyone catching much. I fished the Fout area and tried all the tricks I had and nothing was working. So I decided to resort to something that has always produced for me and thats trolling a suspending chrome and blue rogue. I paddled up and down by Fout boat dock and landed one after another. I'd say a fish every 2-3 minutes. Mainly caught whites but I did manage to land a small hybrid and a small stripper. I also trolled a Gary Yamamto Chikara in sexy shad and did very well with it. My biggest bite of the day was on it but the fish manage to get off mid battle. I did see a few fish (not many at all) hitting top water but I didn't give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...