weekend report

basscatfan

• Members

My annual trip to the rock started fri. Afternoon. It was windy so I started with jerkers on gravel points. After couple hrs of that with nothing to show,I started to use Ned with Dave's heads. Started catching fish around docks on channel banks. No keepers but at least it was action. I left Millcreek and ran up above Baxter. And found dingy to muddy water up to 52 degrees. Started throwing rock crawler in mud bug and red wart. Caught 2 keeper blacks so decided that was starting pattern for day one of tournament on sat. Wind was blowing good at take off so only fished chunk rock windy banks. Best day I've had on table rock. 13 keepers. Best five went 19.62 lbs. With a 6.39 for big bass. Had a 5 lb lead going into day 2 wind did not blow hardly any on Sunday. I was afraid the wheels were going to fall off but scratched out 4 keepers on the crawler with a 5.89. Had 3 more keepers on the Ned when what little wind there was completely died. Ended up with 16.44 on day two. Held on for the win. Every fish I caught came from Baxter to the bridge above cambell point. We flipped a couple fish out of bushes on a black/blue beaver. But most fish were bout 8' deep. I'd hold my boat in 10' and basically parallel the bank. I probably won't be back to the rock until next year so I'll be a lurker until then. Thanks for everyone's help.

Great job and thnx for a good report. What you said about the next hot bait made me wonder what happened with the jika rig. I don't hear much about it anymore.

Great job and thnx for a good report. What you said about the next hot bait made me wonder what happened with the jika rig. I don't hear much about it anymore.

Think the swing head kind of took the spotlight from the jika. It still works.