i tied some of these up today and they look amazing. One tip i would give is don't waste time trimming the stray fibers, i just ran over the dub with a lighter a few times and it worked great. they look even better in person.

Let the summer of Carp, begin.

For those of you that like to "gut" fish I can see some dark brown dubbing spun to the size of a pellet!!

Technically, the famed FPI (Food Pellet Imitator) isn't "gut" fishing. For gut fishing, I prefer the super thin white leather upholstery strip tied on like a san juan worm. Then to more closely match the hatch, I take a red marker and put a few red marks on it. A perfect imitative, not suggestive, fly which mimics the gill gut portion of the trout. :secret-laugh:

Technically, the famed FPI (Food Pellet Imitator) isn't "gut" fishing. For gut fishing, I prefer the super thin white leather upholstery strip tied on like a san juan worm. Then to more closely match the hatch, I take a red marker and put a few red marks on it. A perfect imitative, not suggestive, fly which mimics the gill gut portion of the trout. :secret-laugh:

That's just matching the hatch isn't it?

“Anybody opens their mouth, gonna get a bullet. Anybody moves a little weird, little sudden, gonna get a bullet. Not a warning. Not a question. A bullet.”  - Major Marquis Warren

it just depends on the fish i guess. I have caught some trout before that swallowed a size 8 stonefly tied on a circle hook so deep i was pulling the hook out of their caudal fin lol. Of course i keep some of these flies around, "just in case".

Let the summer of Carp, begin.