Columbia Fishing?

RobPrice527

• Members

I recently moved from the Fort Leonard Wood area to Columbia this year and haven't fished the area much. Was up at finger lakes today, but the weather wasn't really cooperating so I didn't have any luck. Does anyone have any suggestions for fishing spots in the area? I fish everything from panfish, to spoonbill so I have a pretty good knowledge on techniques, just not the area.

Rob,

I also live in Columbia. See my posts about Little Dixie crappie fishing this April. The fish aren't big, but they make it up in volume. Turkey Farm Lake is a bit of a walk, but you can get into nice fish. I've caught10-11" redear and 9+" bluegill. I never had much luck for any large bass, only 1-2 pounders. I have not fished Ashland because you need a boat to get into the lake. I have fished many of the pits/ponds/lakes in Rocky Forks CA, but not any of the Finger Lakes. Caught nice bass, catfish and crappie. The fishing is tough due to the lack of bank access. I bought a machete to use out there. I once caught a 6+lb channel catfish on a Gulp jerkminnow. I thought I had an 8 lb bass. As I was holding the catfish, I looked up the 12' cliff I would have to throw the fish over and then climb to get out of this spot and then released the fish.

I'm more than willing to show you some spots for a trip out for spoonbill.