OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dennis boatman

Made my move to California

post-10841-0-15447800-1431111055.jpgpost-10841-0-05269800-1431111098.jpgWe are not that far north. We live in Sonora and fish the Stanislaus and Tuolumne Rivers mostly. Soon we will be backpacking to catch more Brooke and Golden Trout...We found some gold too!!! It is an incredible area. We can go from 800' in elevation to 10,000 in about an hour...and they got 15" of snow yesterday and it was 70 degrees at our house...

Wow! I need to get out there and see that area for myself. Those pictures are great. Looks like you have it made out there! Are they primarily trout streams or do they offer up some other species of game fish?

Permanently in California...As for other fisheries..New Melones has excellent bass, crappie, and catfish along with Kokanee...Salmon come up the rivers, but the better salmon fishing is a couple of hours north of here...

post-10841-0-25069600-1431148587.jpg

Wow -- that's beautiful water. I don't usually think of that type of scenery when I think California. Congrats!

Congratulations On your move. I love that area and can't wait to get back there soon.