Looking for Lake Home - Good Area Suggestions

mstbasser

• Members

Hello guys,

My parents are currently looking for a lake home on Lake of the Ozarks and we are having a hard time trying to decide which area of the lake they'd like the home to be located at. We do a ton of fishing year round and would like to be able to get out and fish during the summer, but be close to a good nightlife. Most of the time we are bass fishing but do some crappie fishing and wouldn't mind to get into some whites or hybrid runs too. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Given your desires the only area worth mentioning is the Niangua(s) above the 5 bridge. Buy property on the Camdenton side. It's a bit crowded...for a reason.

If you forgo the "night life" then you open up the whole upper Osage.

Wrench is right about Camdenton, although the night life is slow in the winter months, depending what your looking for. It is though only 20 minutes to Osage Beach which has some of everything. Plenty of places for sale. Good Luck

If you do not find one in a year or so. This one of mine might be on the market if my health continues to fo down. 3 br 2 baths great room and a fully framed and inclosed florida type room. Two car garage W/ attched room gentle lot. Blacktop all the way. Lot has an award winning garden covering a lot of it. The house itself is only about 1600 sq ft. A ideal retirement home. But it will not be cheap. I would guess somewhere over $250k at the least. It is located in Mill Creek on the Gravois Arm. Just off Cedar Point. Easy to see from water. There is a white Lighthouse in the yard.

• 2 weeks later...

Trulia app for your smartphone...