Oakley Big Bass/KVD Classic

soa06

• Members

I will be fishing the oakley big bass tournament for the first time this year and was just wondering if anyone had any information from the previous years from like 2011 on, like what weights won, and what they were caught on? Ive went to the website but it only shows last years results.

Ive heard from word of mouth that its been won on a deep crankbait and a jig in years past, but i was just curious if anyone had any further information.

Thank you!!

Anyone without a Redfin and/or Spook tied on will be missing a good chance at a good bite. Same goes for swim baits.

There's also a fb jig/hula grub/wobblehead dragging bite developing as many of the fish come off spawning beds and set up on points with gravel/small chunk rock.

With the water now in the bushes, there's a chance of catching a good fish on a spinnerbait worked diligently around the flooded brush provided there's some wind.

ClassActionTransparent.png

Anyone without a Redfin and/or Spook tied on will be missing a good chance at a good bite. Same goes for swim baits.

There's also a fb jig/hula grub/wobblehead dragging bite developing as many of the fish come off spawning beds and set up on points with gravel/small chunk rock.

With the water now in the bushes, there's a chance of catching a good fish on a spinnerbait worked diligently around the flooded brush provided there's some wind.

This, heavily toward the topwater and swimbait. If they don't pull the water out of the bushes might be some flipping opportunities as well.

Won't be there, because I can have that much fun trying to walk across I70 in KC, but believe I'd be throwing a big swimbait most of the day.

Great insight Champ - here is what I propose....if anyone gets in the money using this information they should do one of two things. Buy you and Donna lunch / Dinner or award you with your own personal jersey - name on back of course! I know that you will be leaning towards the jersey....

And since Dave chimed in he should at least get honorable mention unless of course the big 'un was caught on his Ned Rig then you will have to figure out how to cut that boat in half :have-a-nice-day:

C4F

Crazy4fishin
A Cornhusker

There have been some big fish caught on the little guy this spring. Big enough to cash anyway. Just have to be where they are, which is what makes fishing so addictive generally. And slow down, a lot.

Looks like they have the pool headed down, if the chart is correct. Bye-Bye bushes in the near future. Wild water fluctuations are always good for the bite...

Great insight Champ - here is what I propose....if anyone gets in the money using this information they should do one of two things. Buy you and Donna lunch / Dinner or award you with your own personal jersey - name on back of course! I know that you will be leaning towards the jersey....

And since Dave chimed in he should at least get honorable mention unless of course the big 'un was caught on his Ned Rig then you will have to figure out how to cut that boat in half :have-a-nice-day:

C4F

To heck with lunch/dinner. Anyone who knows me will attest that I could stand to skip a meal or two.

As for a jersey ... YES PLEASE! A little psychology secret ... I only rag on the jersey jocks coz I don't have one of my own.

Jealousy is a hideous thing.

ClassActionTransparent.png