walleye upper end

terryjones

I have not been out in far too long. However, one of my students caught two last weekend just above Beaver town. That is the best information I have. Good luck.

I caught 6 short walleye last weekend 3 came off point 22 in shell knob. 3 came (way) off the point at viney creek. I caught everyone of them with a jerk bait. Like Quillback said your going to have to work for them.

Go bass fishing and throw a California Craw-colored Ned rig on gravel areas. You'll catch a lot of bass and probably have a few bonus Walters mixed in.

ClassActionTransparent.png

Go bass fishing and throw a California Craw-colored Ned rig on gravel areas. You'll catch a lot of bass and probably have a few bonus Walters mixed in.

You are correct Sir. My brother in law caught a 24" Eye on the PBJ Ned last Saturday afternoon and followed it up with a 18" smallie just a few yards down a gravel bank. In a couple hours fishing the Joe Bald area, we had 12 to include LM, SM & K's with about half being keepers.

Born to Fish. Forced to Work.

You are correct Sir. My brother in law caught a 24" Eye on the PBJ Ned last Saturday afternoon and followed it up with a 18" smallie just a few yards down a gravel bank. In a couple hours fishing the Joe Bald area, we had 12 to include LM, SM & K's with about half being keepers.

Pretty salty for just a couple of hours. Hope our walleye population continues to grow, provided they aren't detrimental to the bass.

ClassActionTransparent.png

Ive noticed that a lot of guys catch walleyes on the ned rig incedental to bass fishing...I wonder if there is a pattern to explore a bit further. Maybe times/places/colors ect...that would increase the catch rates of walleyes to bass on the rig. I bet if you found a few you could drop it on their head like a jigging spoon and it would work as well or better.

Ive noticed that a lot of guys catch walleyes on the ned rig incedental to bass fishing...I wonder if there is a pattern to explore a bit further. Maybe times/places/colors ect...that would increase the catch rates of walleyes to bass on the rig. I bet if you found a few you could drop it on their head like a jigging spoon and it would work as well or better.

Yes, but God help me if I get bored enough to fish for walleye :rolleyes: .