The season has begun.

duckydoty

I have a buddy that is able to get to Alaska every few years. He is completely done with Salmon and goes just for the BIG Rainbows.

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

• Root Admin

Hey - I missed this post. Glad you're able to post pics with your limited internet there.

We used GitZits couple of summers ago in the rapids... heck yea ned would work!! Probably even better!!!! Should we send some up???

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

Great story and photos. Want to see the kings once you get into them. A bit jealous, didn't get into any rainbow action when I was up there a couple of years ago.

What are the regs on rainbows up there in that river? Is it single, barbless hook, catch and release, fly fishing only? Not that I would want to keep any, just curious what the tackle restrictions are.

What would be a typical day this time of year as far as numbers?

It would take ONE 29 incher on a flyrod to make it worth the trip.

The regs for the Naknek from the Rapids up to the lake are single hook only with hook gap no larger than 1/2 inch. You can legally keep one rainbow per day as long as it is under 18 inches. We are strictly catch and release only on all non salmon species though.

Phil, send me some if you can find a mushroom head with a hook gap of less than a 1/2 inch.

A Little Rain Won't Hurt Them Fish.....They're Already Wet!!

Visit my website at..

Ozark Trout Runners

gallery4a082cb0bdef6.jpg

I bet Super Dave's Ned Head is pretty close. It is made with a steelhead hook after all. I think I could make the 1/8 oz work.

Are you catching any grayling? That's a fish that I would love to catch especially the males in spawning colors.