OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Clay Goforth

20lb Brown Caught on Norfork

A young guy caught this brute on the Norfork last weekend. 20.9lbs, 33". Fish was caught on a worm and powerbait combo. Fish was kept and is being mounted. Congratulations on the catch.

post-4978-0-14016000-1436369014.jpg

Feel like I should mention, I had nothing to do with this catch. Just wanted to share the information because I hadn't seen anything about it on the forum.

Nice fish - it's a shame he kept it - JMO...

Agreed.

Especially when a replica mount looks as good or better than a skin mount anyway.

I don't mind people keeping stocker trout, 15 inch bass or any other "keepers" really, but I hate seeing a true Trophy taken out of a fishery.

Been having a debate with my son. I would have released it. My son would have released it into grease. As I told him, If I have a huge 12 point deer on the farm, I will leave him and take the eight...Or If I have a non-typical I will take him. I think the same holds true with fish. I will get some good photos and if I want a mount, I will order a replica from my photos.