Our Mothers...

joeD

...put food on the table for us and our brothers and sisters without a camera or a speech on the morally correct provenance of our food. She smoked and drank and looked good too. Yelled at us through a haze of Winston smoke and Aqua Net.

Now, look at us...bunch of picture taking weenies cooing over small batch beets and what kind of vinaigrette to drizzle over our heirloom veggies. No wonder women hate us.

Seems like most Mothers failed to teach their daughters to cook, so us men had to pick up the slack. My x wife could not cook a boiled egg. The current one does two or three meals ok, then overdoses on salt or leaves something out to ruin one. I have spent enough of my life alone. I can read a recipe and make a good meal. But no vinagarette here.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

— Hunter S. Thompson

My ex-wife could barely cook, my new wife of 10 years is a fantastic cook. But it's all Chinese food. She leaves the grilled meat and taters to me.

It's funny the Chinese never eat potatoes, because they get all their starch from the rice. They don't really eat cheese either

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

...put food on the table for us and our brothers and sisters without a camera or a speech on the morally correct provenance of our food. She smoked and drank and looked good too. Yelled at us through a haze of Winston smoke and Aqua Net.

Now, look at us...bunch of picture taking weenies cooing over small batch beets and what kind of vinaigrette to drizzle over our heirloom veggies. No wonder women hate us.

Women love me, especially when I cook. A great meal and a good bottle of wine has always been a panty dropper. You must be doing something wrong. Maybe posting drunk at midnight and having such a sour attitude has something to do with it?

They don't really eat cheese either

Weirdos.

My mom taught me to cook. My two sisters were never really interested but I was always looking for something to do. It was nothing like anything posted here. Everything was fried, everything was delicious. We had fried taters with everything. Fried spam, sauerkraut and sausage, something referred to as dung-on-a-shingle??, biscuits and sugar syrup. I thought we were living large but later on figured out that we were just a poor Oklahoma family barely getting by. I'm glad I never realized that until later on in life.

A great meal and a good bottle of wine has always been a panty dropper.

Release the Ned!!

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

My mom's side of the family (Bootheel MO) fried everything, fish, beef, pork and chicken. Always made gravy from the drippings (except for the fish). Canned everything else, cream corn, beans, Crowder peas, tomato relish and fruit. That stuff was sooooo good.

Times have changed.

I have a picture of my mom smoking a Camel non and drinking a Manhattan while pregnant with me but women like me.

Just ask my wife's sister.

You have a lot of hate in you Joe.

Let it out, you'll feel better.

Pete

agreed.......I was 64ounces into some Citron and lemonade the other night and my wife said my alter ego had shown up.......she went to bed and I got on my new Stump jumper and rode out to Castlewood to ride at night