Common Sense ....

bgault

It would also be nice if those anchored boats would anchor out of the channel. It really doesn't effect me, but when you are blocking the channel I am going to stay on plane, and run past you in the skinny water. Prop boats have a different problem. Having to thread gheir way through boats gathered together,and scattered throughout the channel they need to be in. So common sense extends to anchoring, and drifting as well as running on the lake.

As Seth mentioned, with current flowing "ideling" past is not possible. If the current is heavy, my wake is twice as much just barely movinf against it than it would be if I were on plane.

Real men go propless!

I was just down at lileys for the 4 days and reserved a boat for 2 days of the trip. The fog being so thick in the morning and the amount of water that was running it was not I good idea for me and my son to try and fish in those conditions in a John boat so we cancelled the boat and tried to fish other locations. Fishing can be done anytime conditions allow but some one loosing a life or injured it's just not worth the risk for me.

• Members

I have just returned from a week on upper Taneycomo and the fishing was a little tough but not impossible. With so much water running it called for different tactics. We just had to go down stream a little as we had some new first time trout fisherman in our group who were learning the ropes. The folks trying to control all the high water have my sympathy, they have their hands full. The rain, high water and fog made it a challenge, but that is not my concern. My concern is that an effort needs to be made to do a better job of educating folks about how to boat on Taneycomo. I never saw so many rental boats on Taney. A few know what they are doing, many don't. Another major concern is the kayaks, these people are dangerous, because they have no idea what they are up against. I don't understand why the outfitters will rent a kayak in the fog, but most resorts will not rent a boat to go out until the fog lifts. Kayaks should not be allowed above Scottys trout dock, PERIOD. I know everyone is concerned about business and doing anything to negatively affect business in the area and I understand that. I have been visiting Branson for many years and hope to do it for many more, but when someone gets run over in a kayak, it will be a bad situation. I also saw many boats operating in the fog without lights. Come on folks common sense

I still think it's bad form to run over another boat, no matter how foggy it is or how little the other boat might be or where it was when you ran over it or how much current there was or whether there was a curve or a bunch of other boats in almost the same place. Same way with swamping another boat. But that's probably just me.

The fog and and current make things tough. When it is like that, I will fish near Cooper Creek or the resort that I'm staying at. There is always fish around to be caught in those areas anyways. I'll save the run to the trophy area for when the fog burns off.