Lake Level

Rodmaker

Looking at the lake level graph, it looks like TR is 10 feet high! Is that right? I'm coming

down in about 3 weeks. Am I going to be fishing bushes or will the usual techniques for late August still apply. Is there alot of debris in the water. I am staying up by the Hideaway Marina on the James.

We are staying in Kimberling city at the moment and the water is definitely VERY high!

-

Seen a few 'low floaters' (water logged trees/limbs) today just buzzing around. But not a lot.

-

I know that may not be super beneficial in relation to where you're staying; but if others chime in at different parts of the lake; it might give you a better idea?

-

Visibility is maybe a couple of feet here in KC.........if that. But not really a lot of color to speak of; looks like it wants to start clearing up pretty quick? (But I've been wrong before:-)

-

I wouldn't worry too much about the water height three weeks from now. Cause if we don't see any freak multi-day monsoons like we did a couple weeks ago; I would think the water level could get back to normal pool pretty quick.

• Members

We were at Hideaway last week and had no problems. The biggest issue isn't launching and loading, it's finding somewhere to park. Luckily the Hideaway area is off the beaten path enough that wasn't a major issue. Going down towards Aunts creek there was no debris. Heading up towards Cape Fair you start seeing debris around Piney and Wooley creek. 3 weeks from now it should be better, but since they aren't releasing because of the issue with the Powersite dam, most likely the lake will still be up. The numerous rapid rises in water do seem to have fish off their normal patterns, but I enjoy fishing the shoreline more than deep, so it's nice to be able to fish the bushes. I did notice I had better success fishing the normal pool shoreline, than I did way up in the shallows. I've always had my best luck targeting shadowy areas, so I thought I'd have good success up in the trees, but to the contrary getting 1-1/2 to 2 full cast lengths away from the shoreline was a better bite for me. Obviously keep an eye on here for more current updates when time gets closer, as things tend to change pretty rapidly with patterns on The Rock. Hopefully we stay dry for awhile so everything can get back to semi-normal.