OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
mikes custom fly rods

Osage at Mariso delta access

fishinwrench pretty well said all there is to say. I usually only fish in during the cooler months, but I never really expect much when I go and sometimes I get surprised. My plan of attack is always fish the mouth of the Maries, run to the dam and fish the length of it and then run down half way and fish my way back down to the bridge. If I've not started catching much by that time then I just head home.

never did to well below the dam area i always liked staying on the lake personally if you dont mind hundreds of boats driving around u all day 

I've not fished any Osage tournaments this year, but the weights have been down A LOT! Numbers aren't an issue, but getting quality bites is a different story. A lot of tournaments have been won with only 12#. That used to not even be worth weighing. I personally caught a 15# bag of largemouth and won a Bagnell tournament last October. There was another 15# bag and a 6 pounder also weighed in that day. It wasn't but a few years ago when a 20# bag was a good possibility. My buddy and another guy both weighed in 21 and some change in the same tournament two or three years ago. Not sure what the deal is, but it ain't good.