9/21 Report

LoweSTX175

Launched across from old Point 9 at 10 AM.  Fished the two flats just south trolling only Flickershad changing colors and sizes.  Everything from slick mouse to chartreus tiger and sizes 7-9.  Caught a total of 6 dink walleye, 10 dink LM bass, 2 good sized drum, and one 22 inch long Catfish.  Moved towards the old point 10 (now B9).  Trolled into the cove around the bank all the way to Chicken Rock.  Caught 3 more dink LM bass.  Then trolled under the power line with no luck.  TOW went from 74-78 by the afternoon.  Loaded the boat up at 3:30.  Did take the time to use the downscan to look at some of the brush piles on the way back to load up the boat.  Looked like there were some fish on the piles, but didn't take the time to try and pitch a jig.  Will be going tomorrow again, not sure where I'll launch or where I'll go.  Will post again tomorrow.  I trolled the entire time at about 14 FOW.  Might back my depth off tomorrow and go shallow (6 FOW) and use size 5 flickers tomorrow and jig on brush tomorrow.

Thanks for the continued reports. What depth were you seeing them on the downscan and do you think they were walleye or crappie or? Would also think about going a little deeper during the middle of the day.

Put in at Crabtree 3:00 pm. Had 2 keeper walley. 3 shorts and of course lost the big one at the boat.

Bottom bouncing with crawlers  all with in site of dam. And the DRUM!:D

wtr dogs,

What depth? And are you targeting flats, points, or?