OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brat

Little Red catfish?

I bet he is after the cats that feed in clear and semi warm water. My father always said clear water river catfish tasted better.

Ah.  Same deal as the White.  I doubt catfish make it up very far in reliable numbers, though there are probably a few to be caught.  A few creeks come to mind that dump into the LRR that may have some in them.  One of my bucket list trips is to go from Ramsey to Searcy, about a 25 mile float if memory serves.  There may be some on that stretch, but there's no real access.  You could go up from Searcy, but you risk getting stuck above the weir wall if you don't have a boat small enough to carry around it.

Some of the biggest trout, in numbers, have been caught at the weir wall upstream from Searcy.  They gather right at the base of the wall(on the downstream side) and suck on the oxygenated water.

Cats are further down from memory...

Scott (meow, meow) B

You'll be surprised at what you will catch and where. I have caught bream and bass out at lobo. Of course always on accident and never in numbers 

And I've caught walleye, pickerel, bass, bream, and crappie in the LR.  Just don't think you'd find numbers of cats worth pursuing very far up into the cold water. But who knows.