Who's fishing the Bash?

Seth

I am fishing it. I am bringing a friend that doesn't fish much, He is really excited to fish a bass tournament. I am staying at Red Oak Resort. For anyone living around the lake. Has there been fog early? 

You, me and everybody else is probably thinking that lol. Just got a couple swimbaits in the mail today. Never tried one but figure this would be a good weekend to give them a whirl.

image.jpeg

I used that bait this spring, had a huge gar smash it in front of a dock.....had to get CPR after that one!?

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

I am fishing it. I am bringing a friend that doesn't fish much, He is really excited to fish a bass tournament. I am staying at Red Oak Resort. For anyone living around the lake. Has there been fog early? 

was out last 2 days and had for yesterday in places, today it was cloudy and windy this morning so there was no fog. If there is no wind Saturday morning it will be pea soup for awhile so be careful, those GPS units do not see other boats coming at you. Don't need a repeat of last weekend where a guy got killed running into another boat. Last year a guy in the bash hit a boat that got loose and was floating out on the lake loose before daylight. Everyone be safe and have a good time. Fishing has been pretty tough on this guy last 2 days with no big fish to be found for me.

You all better heed the words of WW. I just looked at the weather. There is suppose to be light wind every day. With temperatures in the. 40's at take off timeYour going to have thick fog out there and it might last in places till at least 8 am. I think they should ammend the tournament hours for this reason to later time slots. 

Last fall, the young man who won it, cast a jig in less than 2 FOW near a dock on his first or second cast. This is very telling to me. I think those docks are going to get beat up so bad that you need to catch one early. If you miss the first half hour hour, every fish should be spooked. I would go out to 10 feet and try something else.....or fish that big swim that with drawing power. But what do I know, I've never done well in those BBB's

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

Last fall, the young man who won it, cast a jig in less than 2 FOW near a dock on his first or second cast. This is very telling to me. I think those docks are going to get beat up so bad that you need to catch one early. If you miss the first half hour hour, every fish should be spooked. I would go out to 10 feet and try something else.....or fish that big swim that with drawing power. But what do I know, I've never done well in those BBB's

that's what he said anyway ?, he is a good fisherman on this lake and fishes it all the time which helps

Fog is just one of natures elements that you deal with, it is all part of fishing.   No big deal.   You can't go changing rules every time a cloud passes over.

You know I very rarely disagree with you wrench but I do this time. Guess we will have to wait and see and hope there is no heavy fog to contend with to begin with.