• Members

went below the dam this morning a little before sunrise. The river was very low, (probably 50 ft across at best)There was fish activity everywhere, found current worked a midge and hooked up with some good looking trout. Beautiful! Between my poor knot tying skills and the two deer that insisted on crossing the river where I was fishing every good drift produced a strike. Grey and olive. Then..bam...9am horn blows and my day is done. That's the first time I've seen it not follow the schedule, but I did have the river to myself so that was too good to be true anyways. Headed over to roaring river and caught good trout, they just weren't the same

image.jpg

I've had a similar experience. Fishing was good, generation wasn't scheduled until later, and then the horn sounds. It's always a possibility on any tailwater. 

"The difference between fly fishers and worm dunkers is the quality of their excuses." -Anonymous

"I am not against golf, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout." -by Paul O'Neil