Fishing below Maramec Springs Park

@splashseven, if you are targeting trout then you are better off fishing in the park. There's a nice hole that holds some bass, gar, bluegill, and suckers in the river before it gets to the spring.  I usually park in the large gravel lot and then take the long walk to get there - you can take a shortcut through the woods.  I do not know of any quicker to get to that point. 

I hate to sound like an idiot, but really?

Yep, true story.

After he passed away he was voted into the Federation of Fly Fishers Legends of the Southern Council in 2011.

He had a whole bunch of awards over the years and I got to meet a lot of famous fly fisherman from him while I was growing up.

He served in many roles for the Federation, Trout Unlimited and Ozark Fly fishers.

I didn't realize how lucky I was to be around all those legends when I was growing up.

The memories I have of fishing and hunting with those guys are awesome.

Pete

Yep, true story.

After he passed away he was voted into the Federation of Fly Fishers Legends of the Southern Council in 2011.

He had a whole bunch of awards over the years and I got to meet a lot of famous fly fisherman from him while I was growing up.

He served in many roles for the Federation, Trout Unlimited and Ozark Fly fishers.

I didn't realize how lucky I was to be around all those legends when I was growing up.

The memories I have of fishing and hunting with those guys are awesome.

Pete

What a great story!

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor