Mutton Creek 10-20

Hammer time

Cat Thief and others,

A few years ago as we were pulling out at Ruark Bluff we saw a guy coming in to the ramp with what was obviously a hard rifle case in his boat. Being inquisitive as I am I ask what he was hunting for?? He replied that he was hired by the USDA to kill some hogs. He too was hunting up Son's Creek. He told us he was hunting over bait but was not doing very well. When I ask why the USDA was interested in killing the hogs he replied " Diseases"........ like Cholera.....   I guess he was never successful as they are still on the loose in this area. I hope they get them killed..... they are awfully hard on the farmers.

Walcrabass

8 hours ago, Walcrabass said:

Cat Thief and others,

A few years ago as we were pulling out at Ruark Bluff we saw a guy coming in to the ramp with what was obviously a hard rifle case in his boat. Being inquisitive as I am I ask what he was hunting for?? He replied that he was hired by the USDA to kill some hogs. He too was hunting up Son's Creek. He told us he was hunting over bait but was not doing very well. When I ask why the USDA was interested in killing the hogs he replied " Diseases"........ like Cholera.....   I guess he was never successful as they are still on the loose in this area. I hope they get them killed..... they are awfully hard on the farmers.

Walcrabass

I think Dale at Southwinds Motel there at Ruark hunts them some. He used to own some property through out the area, but I think he recently sold some of it. I understand he may be looking to retire from the motel business. Last year there was plenty of hog sign on the flat across the lake (SW) from Chicken Rock. There have been a few killed in Greaser creek according to a property owner I talked to last spring.

• Members
On October 20, 2015 at 7:04:11 PM, Hammer time said:

Put in at daybreak tried spook and pop r twin bridge area not a bite.

Went up big sac using 3/8 oz fb jig and caught a 4.98 and 1 other keeper and 3 shorts. Sun came over the horizon and game over.

Threw several different crankbaits on windblown banks up to monkey island  and only caught 5 more shorts and 2 white bass. Tuff day other than first 2 hours of daylight. Loaded up at 4 should of at 9:30, still fun trying.  Water temp 63-66

Tight lines and CPR 

image.jpg

Very nice, at least ur fishing !!