10/23/15 target walleye

dan hufferd

3 hours ago, bluebasser86 said:

I'm one of those crazies that fishes for muskie in Missouri the rare time I get a chance. I've got a lucky horseshoe hidden somewhere in the boat though. The last 5 days I've spent chasing muskie in Missouri, I've boated 9 of them up to 42". I completely understand the desire to target one particular species, even though they may not be prevalent. 

That's awesome!!!  A pretty incredible feat I'd say.  Lake 35 at busch wildlife has a bunch.  I've caught one, seen a few caught,  saw a large dead one.  And several of my crappie look to have been bitten in half almost.  Also watched a guy catch a very large one out of lake Kincaid in so Illinois. Lots of people fish for them at Kincaid....but almost nobody fishes lake 35 for them.  

Nice wallie.  We caught one very similar a couple weeks ago in the same area on a crank bait.  It was the 2nd one this year.  Good to know they are there to be caught.

Mike

Wow! You guys are catching the ones I keep missing. I just think catching walleye here is great ! Each one is like a treasure.

On 10/28/2015, 6:00:33, mjk86 said:

That's awesome!!!  A pretty incredible feat I'd say.  Lake 35 at busch wildlife has a bunch.  I've caught one, seen a few caught,  saw a large dead one.  And several of my crappie look to have been bitten in half almost.  Also watched a guy catch a very large one out of lake Kincaid in so Illinois. Lots of people fish for them at Kincaid....but almost nobody fishes lake 35 for them.  

Never fished Busch for them. I caught one from Pomme, the rest have been from Hazel Creek. I like Hazel because I catch lots of bass and muskie while fishing for bass.

101_1560.jpg

3 hours ago, bluebasser86 said:

Never fished Busch for them. I caught one from Pomme, the rest have been from Hazel Creek. I like Hazel because I catch lots of bass and muskie while fishing for bass.

101_1560.jpg

20140926_155135_zps31f7c6a3.jpg

Holy cow those are huge.  I don't think they get that big at busch (well who knows? )  the biggest I've seen was maybe 35 inches.

14 hours ago, mjk86 said:

Holy cow those are huge.  I don't think they get that big at busch (well who knows? )  the biggest I've seen was maybe 35 inches.

I've seen some that were in the 46-48, maybe even pushing 50 inch range in that lake. I know I see way more muskie there than I ever see at Pomme. They must stock the dumb ones up there, since I'm able to catch them!

8 hours ago, dan hufferd said:

Man that is awesome ! You are 5 hours from me, but I might have to make the trip.

It's a 3 hour drive for me and some nasty dirt roads getting to the lake. Then it's a 535 acre lake that you can only use your trolling motor. It's some work but well worth it. I also hooked the biggest bass I've ever seen in that lake, noticeably larger than the 10lb 2oz fish I caught in Mexico. 

15 hours ago, Champ188 said:

Not to take anything away from a couple of great catches, but man those muskies are some ugly fish. :o

They have the attitude to match the face too.

It looks like it was worth it, sounds like a fun trip to me.