Shallow bite was ON Wednesday

Champ188

Piddled around Wednesday morning and didn't get out til 11:30, but a little extra rest does a body good. Fished about 4 hours and the shallow bite was as good as it gets the entire time.

Found some dingy water in a hollow that I frequent after a good rain and caught them there, as expected. Bite slowed in there so I changed locations to some much clearer water but there was no let-up in the action. The wind was a real blessing today. Every fish came from windblown areas.

Ended the day with 19 keepers, the best five of which would go 22 pounds minimum. Best individual fish was a tad over 6 pounds, according to my digital scales.

Damage was done with a variety of baits ... War Eagle spinnerbait and buzz bait, War Eagle Heavy Finesse Jig, RC 1.5 squarebill crank bait and a mid-depth crank bait that shall remain unnamed. You just gotta keep an open mind and listen to what the fish are telling you. Being able to make key adjustments throughout the day can be the difference in catching them or struggling.

Even managed to take a few pics.

fish3.jpg

fish1.jpg

fish2.jpg

ClassActionTransparent.png