OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
jay bird

Night Fishing Striper in Jan/Feb.

Last year I took the second week of May off and fished all week on Beaver. The fishing was great I would average about 4-5 fish a day between 6-20#s. I had only one pushing 20#s, but all the fish where on top water with some on a fly rod just for fun. Look at Beaver Fever guide service web site, they are always really nice on the water and seem to boat a lot of fish.

:D

Last year I took the second week of May off and fished all week on Beaver. The fishing was great I would average about 4-5 fish a day between 6-20#s. I had only one pushing 20#s, but all the fish where on top water with some on a fly rod just for fun. Look at Beaver Fever guide service web site, they are always really nice on the water and seem to boat a lot of fish.

I'm just kidding about no fish. Every year we rent a house for a week at Beaver and I have already booked with Don at Beaver Fever for a couple of days the end of June. All farmers live off the belief that "next year things will be better". More rain, better prices, things like that. I also feel that way about striper fishing. Took an 18 lb out of Lake Texoma about 6 years ago and that gave me the fever. I keep trying to get Beaver to beat that. Maybe this year.

Mike Smalley

My father in-law and I went Saturday night (4/1). He watched the bait and I threw topwaters. We fished gravel flats in the prairie creek area. The water temp was 56 degrees. We had six bites. Four bites on bait and two on top. I was using a jointed silver and black red fin early, and then switched to a larger one piece red fin. For bait we used large fat head minnows.

We kept a 19 pounder, and cleaned it. It had 3 skeletons of fish in its stomach.